12 May, 2011

#28: Favourite title

I've already mentioned this on Day #22, but there are a few others:

Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett. It's a Discworld book about vampires, so you'll appreciate that it translates to 'seize the throat'.

She's a train and she's dangerous edited by Lizz Murphy. The subtitle is 'Women alone in the 1990s': I'm assuming it's a feministic text as I haven't actually read it. I found it secondhand in an op shop in Woy Woy. My friends and I used to go for what we called 'Woy Woy Joyrides' where the whole day would be spent there op shopping and lunching. I bought it purely for the title.

Slaves of the Volcano God by Craig Shaw Gardner. I don't actually own this book, nor have I read it. I saw a guy reading it on the train. It was 2004 or 2005 and the title stuck with me because it was such a change from everyone else, who were reading Harry Potter books and Dan Brown novels.

Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time

I'd like to thank Sarah Jansen for her tweet about this, as well as The Literary Gothamite and Confessions of a Book Lush for the good idea.

No comments: