02 May, 2011

#22: Favourite book you own

Well, this is sort of a stupid meme topic. Who wouldn't own their favourite book? I have to agree with The Literary Gothamite and Confessions of a Book Lush that today's meme topic is conspiring with #17 to make me reveal my favourite book before day #30.

Instead, I'm going to tell you that of the books that I own, my favourite book title is I have a Bed Made of Buttermilk Pancakes by Jaclyn Moriarty, which is close to having the best book cover as well.

However, the best book cover... actually, I don't have a lot of books with awesome covers as I tend to find out about books through word-of-mouth or read a review so the cover usually doesn't do anything for me.

But below are a few that I like. They are all slightly sinister.

Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold


Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger


... and anything by Josh Kirby for Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.


I once bought a calendar featuring Kirby's Discword art and ended up liking every picture so much I preserved them all by wrapping them around exercise books. Most of these ended up with my boyfriend because I don't actually use exercise books, but what the hey.

Day 23 – A book you've wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 – Favourite title
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 – Your favourite book of all time

I'd like to thank Sarah Jansen for her tweet about this, as well as The Literary Gothamite and Confessions of a Book Lush for the good idea.

No comments: