29 January, 2007

No Junk Mail

I've just sat down to email some 20 businesses about their illiterate employees abusing my NO JUNK MAIL sticker. Contrary to popular belief, the NO JUNK MAIL sticker does, for the most part, work. Many an evening do I see all those useless catalogues poking out of my neighbours' mailboxes while collecting my addressed letters (and the odd unfortunate Cityrail notice about capital works at 7am) from mine.

Lately, however, some sneaky bastard has taken to stuffing catalogues and brochures into my mailbox, meaning that not only do I not realise that it is full of junk, it also explodes in paper when I unlock it. I can imagine scenarios where the postman can't fit legitimate letters into the box because the junk has already filled the interior. Not cool.

Hence the crusade to stop junk mail at its source - the businesses who create it. What do I hope to achieve? World Peace... well, I want them to tell their letterbox dropping companies to actually take note of the NO JUNK MAIL stickers and, surprise, surprise, stop putting junk mail into my mailbox. If I complain enough, those infernal junk mail droppers may just get the picture. In the end it'll be a win for anti-consumerism and for the environment. Fingers crossed.

No comments: