03 January, 2007

Tiger

Tiger turned 20 on Monday, so he's no longer a teenager and I'm no longer subject to those ubiquitous cradle snatcher jokes. I've been thinking about him a lot lately for no particular reason, except maybe he was the last person who was happy to take me as I was. I never tried to impress him and he never tried to impress me - we accepted each other pretty much unconditionally.

Except that's not true either, because I ended it knowing that we could never grow into anything more. And then relapsed because it was too easy to be with someone who wanted to be with me. Who doesn't want to be wanted sometimes? But now it has been a while and I am still thinking of him and I haven't moved on either. Did we split for nothing, then?

Trying to resist calling him. Must be strong.

No comments: