01 March, 2008

The Rainbow Parade



Well, the religious right failed in their prayers for rain; it was a brilliantly sunny day today, perfect weather for The Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras. The irony, of course, is that it has been raining all week, which makes this parade more of a rainbow than usual.

I'm not going this year because I'm traumatised by crowds (a hangover from being in last year's parade audience, methinks), but I do wish everyone a gay day.

Ideas for floats:
The Black Parade - led by My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way. This could be the emo float for angsty, confused teens.
Phalanx - 300 buff young men in loincloths. Nuff said.
FRUiTS - like the Shoichi Aoki publication, full of Harajuku costumes like Rock Star Lolita, Tartan Dervish and French Maid Hobo. I just made those up but I wouldn't be surprised if they've been done.

Now, am I in the mood to listen to George Michael or Pink Martini or Missy Higgins?

No comments: