21 March, 2008

'Getting to know me' meme

Supposed to pass this on to friends via email but because I have a ban on forwarding such things, here's a semi-permanent reference online.

I also have the King and I musical soundtrack going around in my head because of the damn title.

What is your occupation? Journalist, writer
What colour are your socks right now? Bare feet
What are you listening to right now? Soundtrack to Baraka
What was the last thing that you ate? Lindt Lindor milk chocolate Easter egg
Can you drive a stick shift? I can try
If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Flaming Lamborghini
Last person you spoke to on the phone? Linda, head of the Sydney Freelance Journalists committee
Do you like the person who sent this to you? Giada has her moments
How old are you today? 26
Favourite drink? Tea
What is your favourite sport to watch? Cricket
Have you ever dyed your hair? Not successfully
Favourite food? Something approaching a Lindt Lindor milk chocolate Easter egg
Last movie you watched? Juno - I liked it but thought it was overrated
Favourite day of the year? Any day that I can get away with doing whatever I like
What do you do to vent anger? Write, tidy my room
What was your favourite toy as a child? Lego
What is your favourite season? Autumn
Hugs or kisses? Hugs from friends, kisses from lovers
Cherry or blueberry? If we are talking the real fruit, cherry; if we are talking the flavour, blueberry
Do you want your friends to email you back? I exert no such pressure
Who is most likely to respond? Janne might publish this meme on his blog [and here 'tis]
Who is least likely to respond? Giada, because she sent this to me
Last vacation? Brisbane, last week (for the Freelance Convention and high tea, naturally)
When was the last time you cried? "Good night, Fuzzy Stone!" in The Cider House Rules by John Irving. I just finished it last night
What is on the floor of your closet? A box filled with photo albums
Favourite smells? Rain, jasmine tea
Who inspires you? Other writers
What are you afraid of? Abandonment
Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Vegie burger?
Favourite car? Pair of working feet
Favorite cat breed? Burmese
Number of keys on your key ring? Four
How many years at your current job? 8 months
Favourite day of the week? Friday
How many states have you lived in? All nine realms
What book (s) are you currently reading? Just finished The Cider House Rules, just about to start Touching the Void by Joe Simpson
Do you think you're funny? I'm... odd

No comments: