21 November, 2007

Come the election

I've never looked forward to an election so keenly in my life, if only to stop the barrage of political mail invading my mailbox. As previously blogged I have written to Joe Hockey, the incumbent MP of my electorate, and have stated, on no uncertain terms, that he remove me from his propaganda mailing list.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that politicians do not read their mail and therefore we can infer that they also do not listen to the people of their electorate. The following four pieces of mail landed in my mailbox today:



1: "NOT AT THIS ADDRESS FOR MORE THAN 1 YEAR PLS DELETE FROM RECORDS"
On the back of a bank letter for the previous tenant. I send the letters back RTS politely explaining she no longer lives here but they keep coming. Is this where all our bank fees go, chasing customers who no longer live at their previous residences?

2: "NO POLITICAL ADVERTISING"
On the back of a letter from Mike Bailey, the Labor candidate for my electorate. I'm hoping the straightforward message might ring a bell as it is the label that my mailbox has carried for a good four weeks (through heavy rain, I might add - pretty good for removable Scotch tape)

3: "THIS IS HARASSMENT I TOLD YOU TO STOP MAILING ME"
On the back of a letter from Joe Hockey, Sydney South address. Pretty clear, given my previous correspondence to him. Which he clearly hasn't read or 'actioned'.

4: "I TOLD YOU TO DELETE ME FROM YOUR MAILING LIST. IF YOU DON'T LISTEN, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO VOTE FOR YOU?"
On the back of another letter from Joe Hockey, North Sydney address. Enough said.

All of these epistles will be sent back RTS tomorrow. Hopefully the Northside Courier has published my vehement letter about mailbox harassment.

While I'm on the topic, many pieces of unaddressed mail have been unceremoniously shoved in my mailbox despite my "NO POLITICAL ADVERTISING" sign. I will award a dagger for each unsolicited piece of propaganda...

Joe Hockey/Liberal: 5 daggers (and I will PERSONALLY WRING HIS NECK for the SIX other letters he has sent)
Mike Bailey/Labor: 4 daggers (one letter)
The Greens: 2 daggers (very disappointing)
Climate Change Coalition: 1 dagger (bit of a letdown)

Fucking hell, why can't it be Saturday already?

No comments: