02 June, 2011

#8: Ever walked out of a film?

No. I'm more likely to sleep instead. I'm not going to waste a dark room and a cosy chair, considering the exorbitant cost of movie tickets nowadays.

Having said that, I don't think I've ever slept either (unless you count microsleeping at the end of LOTR: Return of the King when I did the trilogy marathon—yeah, 10 hours later at 6 in the morning, who isn't going to be sleepy?).

I tend to do a fair bit of research before I decide to see a film. When I say 'research', I usually mean seeing the trailer, reading the blurb, checking out who is in it and talking to my movie friend. I don't heed a lot of reviews, though I sometimes read Empire magazine or Filmink. The only reviewer I really pay any attention to is Sam Clark from FBi Radio because I can always tell whether I'll enjoy a film by what he says, and not always because I agree.

So all of that adds up to: I'm unlikely to see a film I'm going to walk out of, and even if it was bad, I'd be more likely to take a nap instead of walk out.

Day 09 - Name a film that made you cry in the cinema.
Day 10 - Name a film that you liked that everyone hated.
Day 11 - How often do you go to the cinema (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
Day 12 - What’s the last film you saw in the cinema?
Day 13 - What’s your favourite/preferred genre of film?
Day 14 - What’s the first film you remember seeing in the cinema?
Day 15 - What film do you wish you had never seen?
Day 16 - What is the scariest film you’ve seen?
Day 17 - If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be?
Day 18 - Favourite movie hero?
Day 19 - Favourite movie villain?
Day 20 - Favourite movie adaptation (from book, play, musical, graphic novel etc)?
Day 21 - Favourite movie quote?
Day 22 - Favourite documentary?
Day 23 - Favourite director?
Day 24 - Favourite sequel?
Day 25 - Favourite movie franchise/series?
Day 26 - Popcorn?
Day 27 - Total number of films you own on DVD and video.
Day 28 - Last film you bought.
Day 29 - Last film you watched.
Day 30 - Five films that mean a lot to you.

Twenty-one categories of this meme are from Books and Movies and Wordsmithsonia. The rest of the categories are my own creation.

No comments: