11 July, 2007

Come again?

I asked my ex-MD if they were willing to pay for my counselling sessions in light of being the cause of my recent mindfuck (though not in those words). This is part of what I received in return:

"Unfortunately, as you point out, business does interfere and I regret to inform you that the current circumstances of the company will not enable [RA] to make any appropriations that do not relate directly to the long-term viability of the organisation."

My friends, this is why business is fucked - the language of business is inefficient and prolix. If they spent less time trying to hide what they mean to say under piles of managerspeak and weak platitudes and just said what they actually meant, then maybe I'd still have a job. (Or maybe not - I might have left...). Let's try that one again:

"Unfortunately we cannot reimburse your requested expense as it does not directly relate to the functioning of the company."

Simple, polite and to the point.

No comments: