21 September, 2008

Hello chihuahua

Right. Whose frickin' idea was it to make a movie entirely populated with spoilt chihuahuas? I'm talking about that Disney monstrosity soon to hit our screens: 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua'.

The WORST part is that The Cat Empire, one of my favourite bands in the whole wide world ever, have licensed their song 'Hello' to the film, which I just heard on the trailer. Why why WHY?!? Surely cracking the US market isn't worth that?

It reminds me of the time I heard Bic Runga's 'Sway' in the teen flick 'American Pie'. She was tongue-in-cheek when she referred to it one gig. As I recall, she said "I'm going to end with a song that you may have heard in that quality movie 'American Pie'. It's called 'Sway'..."- knowing full well that 'Sway' was a mega-hit years before the movie.

No comments: