29 June, 2008

Peter Alexander



I have two pairs of Peter Alexander pyjamas, both of which I bought on sale some years ago. My favourite of the two is my 'Breakfast Egg' pyjama set. When I did my Northern Exposure tour to Europe in 2005 I brought these pyjamas with me because I just couldn't face sleeping in my clothes for three months. I got a lot of comments from fellow hosteliers about how comfy they looked.

I've worn them out now, but I couldn't face throwing them out so I decided to do the enviro-friendly thing and turn them into rags.

The Peter Alexander story is a heartening, rags-to-riches one. Peter started the business at his mother's dining room table and now boasts a chain of stores in addition to his mail order and online business. And now, because of a pair of scissors, Peter Alexander is once again rags.

No comments: