02 November, 2006

Spookesque

A couple of strange clairvoyant-y observations made cameos yesterday. At writers' group last night, one of the members said that every time she reads my work she could imagine it as the pages of a book. I asked her if she was in any way psychic and we laughed.

My sister came by and stayed over last night. She had had a meeting with her new flatmates (she is looking for a place in Canberra with them). She reminded me that I had said to her (some time ago now, maybe 7 or 8 years) that the clairvoyant reading I had done at the time mentioned that I would meet someone through her. She said that she had a feeling that that person was one of her new flatmates. She said when she met him, she could instantly see me with him. No pressure at all...

The funny thing was that I had forgotten that part of the reading. I think her memory of it was correct. At the moment I'm so focused on the prediction that I will be a writer that I am trying my darndest to fulfil that part rather than pursuing the other unachievable happinesses. I mean, not that you can't have a good relationship, but it is not something that you can work hard at if you don't have anything to begin with.

No comments: