30 April, 2007

Satellite

My life is full of satellite friends. Although they are my friends and they are everywhere, they're nowhere around me (apologies to The Whitlams - oh shit! I was supposed to book tix for their September gig...). It's so hard to find camaraderie en masse any more. Gone are the days when I had a posse and could find laughs in bundles, rather than strands.

I feel uncomfortable all of a sudden. Not with myself - and maybe after you read this you will think I am too comfortable with myself - but around other people. It feels like I'm just going through the motions without connecting, without wanting to be around other people. I'm much happier doing my own thing. I don't want to pander to other people's egos and idiosyncrasies, it's draining.

There you go, my worldly connections - getting weaker, like the outer ripples of a concentric wave.

No comments: