06 June, 2011

Roam if you want to

Following on from last week's RTS saga, I received a call this morning (waking me up) from a Roam representative who told me that they did not handle the change of address function.

Now, I'm starting to think that no one reads what I actually write (which, as a writer, is a career killing trait) because not only did I indicate that I preferred to be contacted via email, the following conversation took place:

Me: "What can I do?"
She: "I suggest you send the mail back return to sender."
Me: "I already did. Seventy-eight times. That's why I've contacted you."

Anyway, it turns out that Roam deals in numberplates and the RTA is the one who gives them the address. So I have to go through the RTA system to try and get them to disengage my address from Peter's numberplates.

My email to the RTA:
My suggestion is that you should keep your contact database up to date. I have received 83 letters this year addressed to Peter [surname], who has not lived at [address] since March 2010. I have sent ALL these back (and several in 2010) returned to sender but they keep coming.

I contacted Roam about it and they said they received address info from the RTA. So... find out where he lives now and update your database. I'm so tired of this.


And so it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Adeline,

I'm having the same issue with these toll notices.
Did an email to the RTA resolve the seemingly endless stream of notices?

Cheers,
Rene

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem too. I'm receiving an average of 5 letters per day and have marked each one Return To Sender, No longer at this address, Please update Records.

My patience finally got the better of me once I returned the 1,000th letter. I contacted the RTA and asked them to Stop sending mail to my home address for the previous occupants.

My efforts were in vain as this mail keeps arriving day after day. I was away for a week and returned home to find my letterbox overfolowing with letters from Locked Bag 5004, Parramatta NSW 2124.

I am continuing to mark them all Return To Sender and pray that one day the sender will stop wasting my time.