12 June, 2011

#15: What film do you wish you had never seen?

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this: never seen because it was really bad? A waste of time? Scared the bejesus out of me?

Hmm, I'd probably say Cabin Fever for a bit of all of those reasons. I'm not a horror fan at all, at all, so the way I came to see this film was a (now ex) friend of mine had won free tickets through some sort of competition.

I found it a bit schlocky and seeing as I didn't really want to see it in the first place, I considered it a waste of time. And yes, it did scare the bejesus out of me, because I scare really easily and I have a great fear of disease, especially diseases that involve spraying around a lot of blood (can't withstand zombie films, for example...).

If you've seen Black Swan, you may remember a scene near the beginning when Nina goes to the bathroom and she picks at a bit of skin next to her nail and rips it back but then it turns out she didn't actually do it? Well, I found that the most terrifying part of the movie because this is something I do quite often (not tear off my finger, mind, just rip small slips of skin off so it bleeds because I'm careless). Let's forget the sprouting black feathers and stabbing people with glass; the fingernail scene is scary.

Anyway, Cabin Fever has a similar scene in it where one of the girls, who doesn't know she has this flesh-eating disease yet, starts to shave a leg and the skin of her leg falls away. Ever since that I've made an effort to depilate with Silkymit over a razor. For this alone I wish I'd never seen Cabin Fever.

Day 16 - What is the scariest film you’ve seen?
Day 17 - If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be?
Day 18 - Favourite movie hero?
Day 19 - Favourite movie villain?
Day 20 - Favourite movie adaptation (from book, play, musical, graphic novel etc)?
Day 21 - Favourite movie quote?
Day 22 - Favourite documentary?
Day 23 - Favourite director?
Day 24 - Favourite sequel?
Day 25 - Favourite movie franchise/series?
Day 26 - Popcorn?
Day 27 - Total number of films you own on DVD and video.
Day 28 - Last film you bought.
Day 29 - Last film you watched.
Day 30 - Five films that mean a lot to you.

Twenty-one categories of this meme are from Books and Movies and Wordsmithsonia. The rest of the categories are my own creation.

No comments: